Mar 15, 2012

Shamrock Cheesecake Brownies


Being that we've got a good amount of Irish heritage in our clan, there's a special place in our hearts for St. Patty's day. 

And I'll tell you a secret; I've never really been a lover of traditional brownies.  But cheesecake brownies... Oh that's another story for this Lass.


Though I'm sure cheesecake brownies aren't exactly a traditional Irish dessert, don't overlook these three leaf clovers, they'll most definitely bring you a bit O' luck.  Guaranteed.


Shamrock Cheesecake Brownies
Recipe by Bliss From Scratch | Printable Version

  • 1 box fudge brownie mix plus eggs, water and oil listed on the package, prepared according to box directions
  • 1 3/4 pkg cream cheese (14 oz total), softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla
  • green food coloring (I used 2 drops)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and pour prepared brownie batter into the baking dish.

In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well blended.  Beat in the egg, flour, and vanilla until well blended and smooth.  Reserve about 1/3 cup of cream cheese mixture in a small bowl, add green food coloring, mix and set aside.

Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over top of batter.  You can use a spatula to gently spread it around if needed, just be careful not to mix the colors.

Using a small spoon (I used a baby spoon) carefully spoon 3 green circles pretty close to each other (mine were about the size of nickles).  Make as many clover leaf groupings as you like.  Use a toothpick or a kabob stick to shape your clover leaves.  Start above the top of the leaf, inserting the stick into the white batter and then draw the stick down through the leaf.  Pull all of the leaf shapes down into one common stem.  Voila!

Bake as directed on brownie mix box or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Mine needed an extra 5 minutes more than the time on the box. 

Cool completely, about 1 hour and cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.


3 comments:

  1. we're definitely trying these tomorrow- but I know my clovers won't be as pretty (or recognizable for that matter) as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So doing this tomorrow with my sis! How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I've stumbled onto the "pot of gold" with your blog. So far, I haven't found a recipe I didn't want to try. This will keep me busy for months... years, maybe? :) You are an AWESOME cook! I'm so glad you finally shared the blog address- you perfectionist you! :) Also- love your header! So cute- you are good! Can I add a link on my blog? I've found a new favorite site!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...