Dec 12, 2012

White Bean Hummus Dip


White Bean Hummus Dip

We've been fully immersed in the party season.  Christmas parties at work, church, with friends and College Football Bowl season is fast approaching.

I've always enjoyed these festive gatherings, the chance to mingle, swap ridiculous white elephant gifts and force my little girls to wear matchy sparkling red outfits.  

But as I've mentioned in earnest, appetizers are the butter to my bread.


White Bean Hummus Dip

Last week I accompanied my P-Man on an increasingly illusive date night, to a little hole-in-the-wall Greek restaurant--Black Cypress in Pullman Washington for you locals, go there!--and straight up, it was a euphoric kind of good.

My writer friend Kim--check out her awesome website where she offers stellar book reviews and intriguing interviews--tipped me off about the place and so I owe her a life's debt.

White Bean Hummus Dip

The moment I arrived home I was googling recipes in hopes of duplicating some of what I'd just encountered.

White Bean Hummus Dip

And this little gem is spot on.

I've tried a handful of Hummus recipes before, but they'd all disappointed in some way or another; too bland, hard to find ingredients, and overall flops.

White Bean Hummus Dip

But this dip is phenomenal, extremely easy, and uses widely available ingredients.  I really like that it uses white beans in lieu of the traditional garbanzo beans, as it really improves the flavor.

Its packed with vibrant, smooth, tangy goodness and it's also really good for you!  Overall winner, and an awesome addition to any party spread.  Serve with warm pitas, chips or veggie tray.


White Bean Hummus Dip
Recipe posted by Bliss From Scratch, inspired by The Perfect Pantry | Printable Version

  • 1 15-oz can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained but not rinsed
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth (if necessary add water, 1 teaspoon at a time until it reaches a smooth consistency).  Optional garnish; crumbled feta and chopped Kalamata olives.

Serve with warm pitas, chips or fresh veggies. 

*Note that I used lime zest in my photo above, as I too-late realized I was out of lemons.  The lime was good too, but a lemon should be your first choice. 


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...