Jun 27, 2012

Fruit Salad with Vanilla Honey Citrus Dressing


Summertime means salads to me. 

I'm enamored with the fresh seasonal ingredients at the height of their nutrients and flavor.  I especially enjoy sampling new salads at summertime get-togethers and BBQs, and oft times simple wins big. 

So here's my version of simple.  A medley of fresh vibrant fruits tossed in lightly sweetened juices with the perfect hint of vanilla. 

Lovely!      




My P-Man saw me preparing this and didn't look too interested.  He went back for seconds and then thirds.  I felt smug. 

And of course you can use whatever fruits you desire.  Follow your heart is all that I ask. 


Fruit Salad with Vanilla Honey Citrus Dressing
Recipe by Bliss From Scratch | Printable Version
  • 3 cups watermelon, balled
  • 2 cups strawberries, sliced
  • 1½ cups black grapes (or green or red...)
  • 4 small kiwis, peeled and sliced
  • 1 can pineapple chunks (8 oz.) in 100% juice
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate

Prepare your fruits; ball, slice, pick, rinse, peel, etc. and place in a large serving bowl. 

In a small bowl drain the juice from the can of pineapple.  Add the vanilla, honey and orange juice.  Whisk until combined and pour over the fruit. 

Serve immediately or chill for a few hours before serving to allow the juices to meld into the fruit.   

Serves 6-8.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...