Jun 11, 2012

Roasted Sweet Italian Sausage and Vegetables (a one-pan dinner!)



I really like Pam Anderson. 

No, not that Pam Anderson, but Pam of Three Many Cooks.  She's the inspiration behind this recipe and my new preoccupation with one-dish dinners.  Her new cook book Perfect One-Dish Dinners: All You Need for Easy Get-Togethers  is an absolute revelation.      

A work of utter genius.         



If you're of the human variety and anything like myself, you're still waiting for the self-cleaning kitchen to make an appearance.  

I fantasize about such things.      



So to stumble upon Pam's recipe that only required tossing the ingredients into a single pan... 

Epic epiphany. 



Besides having next to no clean-up, being the easiest recipe like, ever, and it's producing an instant mind-blowing wafting aroma while it roasts-- it's so chock full of mouth-fireworks flavor that I've added this recipe to the my favorites rotation.  And that's quite major for me.

I love love luuuuuuve it.

And I think you will too.


Roasted Sweet Italian Sausage and Vegetables
Recipe by Bliss From Scratch, adapted from Three Many Cooks | Printable Version

  • 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage links (I usually use turkey, but pork links are great too)
  • 4 cups tomatoes, cut into large pieces
  • 1 medium onion,  cut into large pieces
  • 2 - 3 cups vegetables of choice, cut into large pieces (I used zucchini and mushrooms)
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon Salt 
  • Pepper to taste

Adjust oven rack to lowest position and preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Combine all the ingredients in a 9 x 13 inch pan and mix well to be sure everything is coated.  Nestle the sausages down against the bottom of the pan so they'll cook evenly.

Place pan in the preheated oven and roast, stirring once after 30 minutes, until sausages are brown and tomatoes have reduced to a thick sauce, 50 to 55 minutes.  Enjoy with a good bread for dipping in the amazing sauce.

Serves 4 to 6.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the awesome shout-out! Mom is in Italy right now, or she'd be commenting herself. So glad you like this one-dish dinner - it's one of my favorites too. Love your variation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like "guy-meets-girl" on a plate. You've got the brats for the boys and delicious looking veggies for the ladies. The perfect marriage... and the perfect meal to "keep the peace." Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know how I feel about this dish...but I will spare your plethora of readers with my colorful language :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you open up your restaurant in a decade, I'll buy a few shares. I love all the yummy food you post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...